KCPA Accountants have written policies and procedures to meet with the new regulations (GDPR) on how we use our clients and company’s data accordingly. We also train our staff to ensure they understand these policies and procedures. It is important to our clients to understand the purpose of use to their data. This data will be only accessed and used with their consents.
KCPA Accountants information
- KCPA Accountants limited.
- Limited Company registration in England and Wales under company number 11043372.
- Registered address: 37A Vyse street, Birmingham, B18 6JY.
- Main Trading address: 37A Vyse street, Birmingham, B18 6JY.
- Data Protection Offices: Suleiman Krayem.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone number: 0121 408 5132.
- Postal Address: 37A Vyse street, Birmingham, B18 6JY.
General data protection (GDPR)
Personal data is the information that relates to an identified or identifiable person. This basically means any information held about you that enables you to be identified. The data we might collect from our clients depending to our relationship with them might include:
- Names and any contact information such as address, phone number, email address.
- Date of birth.
- Location data.
- National Insurance Number.
- Employment history.
- Credit History.
- Personal tax.
- Payment information.
- Companies accounting data.
GDPR 2018 covers both paper and electronic data, it continues to apply to personal data within an automated system and to hard-copy documents. Our firm obligation is to have a lawful basis for using personal data.
The personal data we process
KCPA Accountants process two different types of data:
- Client data: this is the data received from clients in relation to professional engagements and practice.
- Firm data: this is the data held by our firm in relation to our own management, employees and affairs generally, including marketing databases.
How do we use our client’s information?
This depends on the services which our client is engaged us to deliver, as part of our contract with the client to provide the agreed service we may need to use their information for the purpose to contact them, verify their identity where this is required, process their financial transactions, serving their accounts, making engagements with third parties on their behalf, keeping their records in accordance with the legal and regulations requirement and to prevent money laundering and fraud.
How long do we hold our client’s data for?
We store our client’s data only for the purpose of our agreement. We do not hold data if they are no longer needed to be kept according to the GDPR polices.
There is no specified period on keeping client’s data as this is determined and affected by a number of factors as follows:
- Audit file, processes and papers containing personal data – statutory audit regulations.
- Tax files – HMRC regulations.
- Criminal cases e.g. money laundering – legal requirements.
- Contracts – for the life of the contract/engagement; and.
- Employee details – statutory requirements.
We assure that all our client’s data will be fully protected under the GDPR, and to be used but only for the purpose of our agreement.
Sharing personal data:
Our firm polices is not to share a client’s personal data without their consent. However, we might sometimes have to share our client’s information with a contracted third party to supply services to them on their behalf. We make sure that any information we share on the client’s behalf with a third party needs to be handled lawfully, safely and securely according to the data protection.
In some cases, we might be legally required to share certain information about our clients, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
Requesting, Editing and Erasing your data:
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data. You can request your personal information by emailing email@example.com or write to us into this address; KCPA Accountant, 37A Vyse Street, Birmingham, B18 6JY. We will respond to your request within 28 days of receiving your request.
We would like to be updated and informed of any changes on our client’s information. Therefore, you can inform us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the above address.
If a client wishes for us to proceed and erase all of their data that we hold in our records about them, they can request this by email or in writing.
Changes to our privacy notice
noticeWe change this privacy notice under regular review from time to time. This may be necessary, if new polices and regulations come into effect. We will update any changes in our website.
At any stage our client has the right to put a complaint forward if they think their personal data has been processed in a way that does not meet the GDPR. accordingly, this needs to be reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office at.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Contact number: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
Contact us Email: email@example.com
or write to Sulieman Krayem, Managing Director, KCPA Accountant, 37A Vyse Street,
Birmingham, B18 6JY.
Contact number: 0121 408 5132