Why KCPA Accountants?

Choosing someone to manage your accounts and tax compliance obligations can be difficult. It is important to find both an expert and also someone you can trust. We would like you to know that we can offer you both and more.

Qualified Accountants

Members of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants CIMA, we have qualified consultants with ACMA/CGMA/ACCA/ATT certifications. The team has a wide variety of practice and industry experience.

Small businesses support

We know starting a business is never easy, for this reason, we offer 50% off for the accounts preparation service for the first fiscal year to small and medium businesses, because we want you to grow and we can grow with you.

Smart Bookkeeping

Implementing the leading accountancy cloud solutions Xero and Freeagent the bookkeeping and accounting software.  We are huge fans of them because they are secure, flexible, scalable, affordable and innovative making our work much easier than ever before.

Fixed fees

We provide fixed fees for all of our services. This enables our clients to budget for our services and not have any surprise bills. These can then be paid for via monthly standing order. Please contact us for specific pricing on your requirements


We are always happy to listen and discuss any aspect of your business and offer no extra charge on telephone calls and emails consultation. The more you tell us the more we can help you.

A Proven Track Record

Unlike others in our industry, we can prove and show you how we deliver Peace of Mind, Less Downtime, Faster Problem Resolution, Data Protection, Money Savings, Streamlined Communications, and Simplicity in accountancy and tax management for you.

Proactive Tax Savings

The government offers various allowances for business and personal tax relief purposes. Keeping track of all the available schemes and the changes taking place can be a real challenge. Let us help you minimise your tax liabilities by helping you understand what your tax entitlements.

Free initial consultation

We provide a free initial consultation to all prospective new clients. Contact us today to arrange a meeting with one of our senior advisers.

Changing your accountant

Changing your accountant doesn’t need to be painful, If you already have an accountant but are perhaps unhappy with their service or maybe their fees no longer offer value for money, then becoming one of our clients is a straight forward and painless task. All you need to do is appoint us.

Limited Companies

If you are a director of a limited company, you must conform with the filing deadlines imposed by both Companies House and HMRC. Companies House requires an Annual Return to be submitted each year around the anniversary HMRC require as a minimum, a Corporation Tax return (with a set of accounts) one year after the company’s year end To make life really easy, we’ve bundled our services up into 3 different packages.



+VAT per month
  • Statutory year-end Accounts
  • Filling Corporation tax return
  • Director’s Personal Tax return
  • Accountancy & Tax advises
  • Company annual return
  • Online Bookkeeping
  • Filling VAT returns
  • Additional personal tax return
  • Additional staff on payroll
  • Full bookkeeping service
  • Quarterly performance reports



+VAT per month
  • Statutory year-end Accounts
  • Filling Corporation tax return
  • Director’s Personal Tax return
  • Accountancy & Tax advises
  • Company annual return
  • Online Bookkeeping
  • Filling VAT returns
  • Additional personal tax return
  • Additional staff on payroll
  • Full bookkeeping service
  • Quarterly performance reports

Self-employed and Partnerships

We have created a fixed fee plan for self-employed and Partnerships because we want you to understand what’s your bill is made of.

Self Employed


+VAT per month
  • Preparation of yearend self-employed accounts.
  • Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax return.
  • Accountancy and Tax advise.
  • advise how much tax is due to pay and when by.
  • Splitting the profits according to the Partnership agreement.




+VAT per month
  • Presenting the capital accounts of each partner.
  • Preparing the Partnership tax return.
  • Preparing each partner’s self-assessment tax return.
  • Advise how much tax each partner is due to pay and when by.
  • Splitting the profits according to the Partnership agreement.

About us

A professional accountancy firm based in Birmingham helping clients across the UK on accounts, filling, tax affairs and management accounts. we know your business means more to you than simply numbers. Our ethos of looking after your whole business and not just your accounts that’s why we need to understand what you are doing and how you are doing what you do.

This is our starting point we dealing with clients to provide the services you need, not the ones which other accountants want to provide you with. We like to think of it as our bespoke service for your bespoke business.

For all your accountancy needs

Our Main Services


We prepper accounts for any size business whether you manage your accounts monthly, quarterly or annually …

Tax planning

Tax is a good thing – our money keeps the country running. But paying too much tax is not a good thing …

Budgeting and forecasting

Budgeting is important both in business and in personal life. At KCPA Accountants, the team can help

Start-Up support

If you are intending to start a business then the best advice we can give you is speak to an accountant!



Xero is an excellent online accounting product, and we think it is the future for small business accounting. But to take advantage of its full advantages, you also need support and advice up to the same high standard from your accountant.

There are many cloud and online accounting systems on the market, and we are happy to support any if it is the best for your business. We have chosen Xero as our preferred partner because we feel it is the most complete all-around product.


Frequently Asked Questions

If you can’t find your answers here please contact us.

I want to set up my own business as self-employed. what should I do?

If you want to start working as self-employed, you must register with HM Revenue & Customs, but first make sure you have a National Insurance Number. After the registration, you will receive your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) and HMRC will set up the right tax and National Insurance contributions records. You should keep your UTR safe because you will need it when completing your Self-assessment tax return.

Can I voluntarily register for VAT?

If you are doing business in the UK but your turnover is below the threshold for registration, you may register for VAT voluntarily. Remember to regularly check if your turnover has exceeded the threshold and you need to register.

Why would I want to voluntary register for VAT?

You may find it beneficial to be able to charge VAT on your sales and claim back VAT on your purchases in various ways. By way of example, if there is a zero VAT rate for the items you sell but you buy standard-rated items, HMRC will give you a VAT refund. Note that if you voluntarily register for VAT, you have the same rights but also responsibilities as in the case of compulsory registration.

How does flat rate VAT work?

The flat rate VAT scheme is aimed at simplifying VAT for smaller businesses with an anticipated turnover of up to £150,000 (gross) per annum. You pay VAT to HMRC as a flat rate percentage on your gross sales. The flat rate percentages vary depending on business activity. Under the flat rate scheme you cannot reclaim VAT on your purchases and expenses, but you can on larger capital purchases of equipment over £2,000. Once you enter the flat rate scheme you are free to leave at any time, but then cannot re-enter the scheme for 12 months.
We will be happy to discuss this in more depth should you require further guidance. It can be beneficial but there are potential pitfalls.

I decided to close my business, what should I do?

If you need to close your business you should plan it carefully. First of all, it is important that you inform HMRC of your intent. Only then will you be able to settle matters related to tax and National Insurance. In some circumstances it is possible to extend the deadlines for payments or even to claim back some tax or National Insurance.

How do I close my company?

If you have decided to close your limited company, the company reserves will indicate the closure process where its liquidation or strike off.
We can help you in calculating the company reserves and any outstanding liabilities or refund to meet the legal requirements and get any relief available to you contact us so we can help you take the right action at the right time.

Can the company pay into my personal pension?

Definitely. The company can make payments into pension plans which are a tax-deductible expense for the company.

Can I take a loan from the company?

Yes, you can, but you should look at it as a short-term measure. It’s best to speak us prior to moving funds to ensure you are aware of all the implications.

How do I pay shareholders company dividends?

The first thing you need to know is dividends are paid to shareholders from the company’s retained profit after tax, so you need to make sure the payment reflects the number and class of shares held.

What is a Companies House annual return?

An annual return is a document that is filed once a year at Companies House. It provides non-financial information about the company and ensures the public record is kept up to date. Companies House require a fee of £13 to file this document electronically and £45 to file a paper version (2013-2014). We charge a little admin fee should you require assistance for filling.

Can I do other work through my company?

Yes. Most companies Memorandums and Articles allow a wide range of business activities. You can run more than one activity through a company. As long as it is legal! We can help you understand your companies Memorandums and Articles and adopt new ones where required to suit your business needs.

What is IR35?

Be aware of this! Depending upon the nature of your business, it may affect you and potentially undermine the benefits of trading through a limited company. IR35 is HMRC tax legislation that was introduced to identify contractors who are receiving the tax benefits of working through a Limited company when they are really a disguised employee of the clients

Contact Us

If you are thinking to start or improve an existing business, or create an idea in a business plan and test the Tax impact on it, we can help you. The more we know about your ideas and activities, the better we can support your business and give you the right advice.

Contact Us

KCPA Accountants
37A Vyse Street
B18 6JY


+44(0)121 408 5132